[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and WinTV-D together? (Repost)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 18 01:17:24 EST 2003

On Dec 17, 2003, at 10:42 AM, Jeff Mottishaw wrote:

> It looks like it is supported by the bttv drivers.

If so, then only for NTSC. I guarantee you won't get any ATSC (the HDTV
part) functionality to work. The pcHDTV is somewhat similar, in that it
uses a bt8x8 chipset for NTSC, but an entirely different chip from Oren
Semiconductor for ATSC.

> I bought this card a
> while back as well, I will be installing myth this weekend.  I will let
> you know how it goes.  The wintv-d has a remote and an IR receiver.
> Does anyone know if I can use a different remote with the receiver, or
> have to use the remote that comes with it? (and for that matter if it
> is
> supported by LIRC)

Search the list archives. Basically, Hauppauge uses a protocol that
almost no other remotes use, so there's a very short list of other
remotes that *might* work.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...