[mythtv-users] frontend setup

Avery, Brian b.avery at hp.com
Wed Dec 17 23:55:12 EST 2003

Hi!
I got a PVR-250 up and running happily. I can watch live tv from the
same box that I have the encoder card in :) using mythtv or
mythfrontend.

However when I try to watch live tv from a laptop on the network with no
encoder card I get can't connect to server from mythtv.

What is the standard setup for the play only (no encoder) box?

does it run mythbackend to?

if I run the mythbackend as a cardless slave and point it to the master
server, I see the master server adding the laptop "as a player 0" and
"as a player 1" but it never seems to receive a picture.

I'm pretty sure I missed a configuration somewhere or I misunderstand
how to set up the play only boxes.

Thanks,
Brian