[mythtv-users] Epia frontend fails LiveTV, Recordings OK.

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Dec 17 22:03:03 EST 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 09:55 pm, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mostly, when I try watching LiveTV from a DVB card with a Epia frontend
> I get this with the MythTV .13 release (I have not had a chance to test
> other frontend/version combinations as of yet):
<snip>
> Could someone explain to me what this says in plain english? ;)

It's basically just saying the connection to the backend went away.  The first
timeout error should be the end of it, but that error isn't handled very well
at all =)

Could be a number of things:
- A socket timeout bug that was fixed post-0.13
- Backend/frontend version mismatch
- Some other error on the backend, which should be in the backend's log.

I'd give CVS a try, first.

Isaac