[mythtv-users] Simple setup of TV-channels

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 17 18:42:14 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm running the latest KnoppMyth on a Asus Pundit 2.4 Ghz system with a
Pixelview BT878 card.
Problem is I can't seem to get the TV channels active.
I tried all kinds of mythfilldatabase combinations and it seems there
are a bunch of channels in the database but when I fire up mythtv it
shows up only the first and I can't change channels.
I'm living in Holland and the whole tv_grab_nl stuff doesn't seem to be
working (anymore?). All I need is a simple way to enter a standard list
of channels, the EPG feature is of little importance for now.
With xawtv I have tuned in all 28 channels available on the cable and
xawtv displays them correct.

having done:

mythfilldatabase --manual --preset --xawchannels 1 .xawtv

and then starting up mythtv doesn't seem to work.

mythfilldatabase --update goes on for hours without anything happening.
(I guess that's because the EPG info can't be found)

Gert