[mythtv-users] install problems for newbie.

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Wed Dec 17 18:14:12 EST 2003

> I just got redhat 9 installed.
>
> I am trying to run the following command:
> rpm -ivh http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/fc1/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-19-1.rhfc1.at.i386.rpm

Well, it looks like the RPM you're trying to install was compiled for
Fedora Core 1 (note the "fc1" bits in the path and file name).  Find the
Red Hat 9 version, and it'll probably work better.

Fedora Core and RH 9 are not the same thing, though they have a common
ancestry.

> It gives me the error of:
>         Failed dependencies:
>         libbeecrypt.so.6 is needed by atrpms-kickstart-19-1.rhfc1.at

That error means that the RPM requires a certain library (beecrypt) that's
not on your system (or the version that's on your system is not the
correct version that this RPM needs).  Try installing the RH9 version of
atrpms-kickstart and if it gives you the same error, make sure you have
beecrypt installed.