[mythtv-users] Image Tearing when playing video, any ideas?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:54:42 EST 2003

In mythtv and mythvideo (mplayer) I see image tearing occuring on the screen
when there is high motion or high color change on the top third of the
screen. I have de-interlacing off, so it's not that, it's a solid horizontal
tear that just flickers quickly as the image changes. I have this occuring
on two seperate myth boxes. It might be my X settings, i'm not sure and I
don't think i noticed this on the computer monitors i was using for testing,
but i never paid attention. Both machines have been built with Gentoo,
2.4.23 ck sources, with fluxbox. Any insite would be appreciated.

Encoding with:
Server: WinTV DBX 401 (Svideo) -> Mpeg4
Remote: TV Wonder VE (Composite) -> Mpeg4
Output, both have GeForce 4mx440 cards with Svideo Out
*Mplayer shows this also with divx so i'm leaning towards something with x,
video drivers, etc. I'm using official Nvidia drivers (2nd to lastest, since
overlay is busted in the new ones).