[mythtv-users] Crashes from front and backend (SEGV)

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Wed Dec 17 17:01:57 EST 2003

I get both (or either) front and back-end crashes when watching
live TV with this setup:

Nebula DigiTV
Athlon XP2400+
RH9 with 2.4.22 kernel

In both cases it seems to have been triggered by some loss of data
in the DVB stream, which lead to corrupted MPEG. The backend
crash looks to me like some kind of race condition following
the unexpected exit of the frontend. The frontend seems to be
dying due to not cleanly handling damaged mpeg.

Backtraces are at:

* First crash - front end dies, followed by backend

http://www.sr20.org/dvb/front-backtrace
http://www.sr20.org/dvb/backend-backtrace

* second crash - frontend only dies

http://www.sr20.org/dvb/front-backtrace-2