[mythtv-users] Serial control of sky digibox (UK set top box)

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 15:36:10 EST 2003

>So I guess my questions are:
> 1) does anyone know if this has been done by anybody on
>    any sky box?
> 2) .. .this box?
> 3( if not, of anyone trying to do this, or similar for
>    another provider/digibox/broadcaster?

a quick search on google for 'sky rs-232' (without quotes) came up with
http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/

this is of interest to me too as I too have a sky reciever and am
looking into what would be involved in setting up a pvr which can
control it..

will look into it further.. let me know if you find out anything
interesting :)

Cheers

Craig