[mythtv-users] pcHDTV - 2 questions

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Dec 17 13:04:28 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 23:23, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2003, at 04:54, Doug Larrick wrote:
>
> > On 12/16/03 04:15:48, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> >> I think the presence of my 960x540 modeline was setting a rez of
> >> 960x540, with a virtual rez of 1920x540
> >
> > You need to list the largest mode first.
>
> Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll give it a shot probably this weekend.

Yep - me too.  I'd really like to see if I can get the most out of my
HDTV... 960x540 is nice, 1920x540 is overkill for watching regular TV
and DVDs, but it would be pretty sweet anyway!  And it would pave the
way for me gettting a HDTV card... ;)

> > The code to do so is in 0.13 -- that's what's causing problems with
> > Xinerama currently.
>
> No Xinerama here, so no problemo.

Me either...  consider me another data point...

> > The new kerneldeint filter is too CPU-intensive for HDTV.  What would
> > be ideal for this use would be a 'bob' deinterlace filter -- simply
> > double each line in both fields.  This is also on my long list, but
> > I've never dealt with YUV data before so it would involve a lot of
> > learning for me.
>
> You're miles ahead of me on that front already. :)

Yeah... what't the deal with filters anyway?  I don't know what any of
them are or when I'd use one...

	-I