[mythtv-users] wireless keyboards

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Wed Dec 17 11:59:38 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Clowser
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 10:56 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] wireless keyboards

I haven't bought one yet, but I have been looking around.  Since this is

something I'll probably have on my lap while watching tv, I have been
looking for a keyboard with an integrated pointing device, so I don't
need a mouse that requires a tabletop to roll around on.

So far, here is a summary of what I have seen:
Compusa:   Micro Innovations IBM Wireless Navigator Pro  $44.76
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?sid=3FDF9C8029D1617F&pr
oduct_code=50198094&pfp=SEARCH

Newegg:   Interlink VP6210 RF Wireless Keyboard  $115
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=23-158-101&dep
a=1

Digital Connection:  Lite-on SK-7100 (this is the one posted by Doug
Larrick in another post) $59 (but out of stock)
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Keyboard/sk7100.asp

I think the Interlink is USB, the IBM and Lite-on are ps/2 keyboards.
Anyone have any experience with either the IBM or Interlink?  The
Interlink and IBM look to be radio, while the lite-on looks to be IR.
 From their web site, looks like the the lite-on can use it's IR to
control components wich is nice, while the RF of the others I imagine
can't (duh), but I'm curious if an IR keyboard and remote would conflict

with each other.

 - Jeff