[mythtv-users] pcHDTV - 2 questions

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Dec 17 02:23:29 EST 2003

On Dec 16, 2003, at 04:54, Doug Larrick wrote:

> On 12/16/03 04:15:48, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>> I think the presence of my 960x540 modeline was setting a rez of
>> 960x540, with a virtual rez of 1920x540
>
> You need to list the largest mode first.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll give it a shot probably this weekend.

>> Any word on adjusting Myth to scale H and V separately [so as to use
>> a 1920x560 mode]?

Er, 1920x540 mode, I meant... :-\

> The code to do so is in 0.13 -- that's what's causing problems with
> Xinerama currently.

No Xinerama here, so no problemo.

> Also, the text in the GUI is really tall and skinny -- but worth it to
> me for the extra video quality.  On my (long) task list is the ability
> to use a different mode for GUI and video.

Cool, I'll certainly try it out.

> You absolutely have to turn on deinterlacing with this or you get
> really weird artifacts on the screen -- which is a shame, since we
> then go ahead and discard that extra resolution, but keep the
> resulting non-smooth panning and ghosting that result from the simple
> deint filter.

Hrm. I'll have to do some side-by-side comparison with the High-Def
feeds off my Moto DCT5100...

> The new kerneldeint filter is too CPU-intensive for HDTV.  What would
> be ideal for this use would be a 'bob' deinterlace filter -- simply
> double each line in both fields.  This is also on my long list, but
> I've never dealt with YUV data before so it would involve a lot of
> learning for me.

You're miles ahead of me on that front already. :)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/