[mythtv-users] On ivtv..

Dale Weber linuxgeek at thedynaplex.net
Wed Dec 17 01:50:09 EST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 10:09 pm, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> Here's qualification: it uses a completely different chipset. The ivtv
> driver only supports iTVC15/16 aka CX23415/23416 chipsets. The
> WinTV-PVR-PCI uses a combination of Fusion878A and some other chip that
> I don't recall (check your PCB) for the hardware encoding.

	Thanks very much!

	This is the sort of answer I have been looking for, to the point, answers the
question, and easy to understand. :)  I won't waste time trying to get this
older model 880 card to do PVR functions under Linux then. I will wait to do
more with Myth until I can get a PVR/350. :)

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.org
We support Open Source 100% with Linux and FreeBSD!