[mythtv-users] K-World/V-Stream Xpert TV-PVR MPEG4 TV Tuner?

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 17:41:16 EST 2003

Of Scott Pouliot
> Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 5:46 PM
> To: 'Discussion about mythtv'
> Subject: [mythtv-users] K-World/V-Stream Xpert
TV-PVR MPEG4 TV Tuner?

> Does anyone know if these will work with MythTV?  I
got a
> GREAT deal on it from eBay....with a built in
hardware decoder.

> It's model # VS-TV878RF.  I figure if I can't use it
with
> MythTV...I'll find another use for it....the price
was right!

> Comes with a remote and all that jazz as well.  Just
curious
> if anyone currently has or has tried one of these?

I have a Kworld 878 card - can't recall the precise
number.
This card on ebay looks identical except mine has a
Phillips
tuner.  I'm pretty sure this has NO hardware encode or
decode.
All you see in the picture of the card is the tuner
and the
bt878 chip.  The mention of MPEG 1/2/4 probably just
refers
to the included Windows software.

My card works fine.  lirc was a little hard to set up
because
the card wasn't recognized.  If I recall correctly it
was listed
in CVS lirc but I'm not sure.  I know I had to specify
the
card id and tuner type on an option line in
modules.conf.

The remote is lacking a little.  The four FM Radio
buttons
in the silk screened box on the left generate the same
codes
as the Ch+/- and Vol+/-.