[mythtv-users] The Plunge

Myth Man mythtv at pln.cc
Tue Dec 16 16:07:27 EST 2003

Hello mythtv-users,

  Well, the plunge has been taken.

  Here is my planned setup:

  ASUS P4PE Motherboard with onboard RAID
  http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/asus-p4pe/
  Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz 533MHz 478-Pin 512K CPU
  1 GIG PC2700 (DDR333, 333MHz)
  240 GIG RAID-1 Hard Drive
  Hauppauge WinTV-350
  pcHDTV Linux HDTV Card

  Did I leave anything out??

  Couple o' questions. I am assuming (there I go again) that I won't
  need a video card. True??

  Also, I have the option of sticking in a P4 2.4 GHZ and putting the
  2.8 in my gaming machine.  But if there is a noticable difference in
  power and operation between the 2.4 and the 2.8 in Myth, then I
  would prefer to give the Myth system the more power.

  This weekend is gonna be interesting!  :)  If I have to work the
  weekend, I may go postal!!

--
Best regards,
 Myth                          mailto:mythtv at pln.cc