[mythtv-users] Sigma Designs X-Card

Dale Weber linuxgeek at thedynaplex.net
Tue Dec 16 15:51:15 EST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 11:35 am, James L. Paul wrote:

> I think his confusion stems from not understanding that the PVR-350 has a
> hardware encoder and a hardware decoder instead of some more general
> purpose processor. Apparently it's "very powerful" and he was unfamiliar
> with it. :)

	I knew the PVR/350 has both encoder and decoder in hardware, but was not
totally aware of how high quality the hardware is.  I incorrectly based my
references on my experiences with my current older model 880 WinTV/PVR card,
which Hauppauge -apparently- dropped support for some time ago.

	After reading such good info on the PVR/350 here, I am definitely sold on
getting one now. :)  I still feel my model 880 (much older version of the
PVR/250, I -think-) is good hardware, but it lacks more solid and stable
drivers.  I am still hoping I can get it to work with Linux and Myth.  It's
recognized as a v4l card and the bttv and other driver modules are autoloaded
by the kernel for it, so I have hope it will eventually work. :)

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.org
We support Open Source 100% with Linux and FreeBSD!