[mythtv-users] Sigma Designs X-Card

Dale Weber linuxgeek at thedynaplex.net
Tue Dec 16 13:25:03 EST 2003

	Greets. :)

	Does anyone know of anybody working on Linux drivers for this card?  It's an
MPEG decoder card that upscales everything to HDTV resolutions - MPEGs, DivX,
etc.  I have one and it works great with another OS, but it would be great to
be able to use it with Linux and MythTV.  Since this is an output only
(decoding) card, it could be great for a second decoder when encoding using
something like a WinTV PVR/250.

	Of course, the PVR/350 has the encoder and decoder in one card, but you can't
use both at the same time.  The X-Card only costs $99.00 to get a second
decoder with the necessary Y-Pb-R outputs to drive an HDTV directly.

	8-Dale
--
The Dynaplex Network - http://www.thedynaplex.org
We support Open Source 100% with Linux and FreeBSD!