[mythtv-users] Gentoo and ivtv - HELP!!!

David Latka d_latka at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 06:58:03 EST 2003

I originally used the post you mention to get ivtv to work.  However, after
rebooting, it no longer works due to the /dev/video0 file turning itself
into a directory.  It's like something in a boot script is purposely making
vidio0 a directory.  I have not been able to find it.

I tried doing a 'grep -R video0 /*' to find all instances of 'video0' in all
the files on the machine, but it turns out that grep has a bug in it that
fills the disk cache, runs out of memory and crashes the entire machine.

Does anyone know where I could look to find a script or program that could
be doing this?  Since I'm a newbie to Linux, I don't know enough about boot
scripts, but does anyone know how I could run the command lines 'rmdir
/dev/video0' then 'ln -s 4vl/video0 /dev/video0' at bootup so that I could
brute force kludge my way past this issue?