[mythtv-users] prebuffering pauses and mythtv 0.13

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Tue Dec 16 05:03:56 EST 2003

Just got around to trying mythtv 0.13, and for a while it looked to be great,
no problems, but after about 10-20 minutes of watching live TV, I start
getting prebuffering pauses that don't go away after they start.. They also
cause the audio and video to get choppy.

using a WinTV-401 in my AthlonXP 2400+ w/512MB ram backend (kernel
2.6.0-test11), and mythfrontend on my EPIA-M 10000N. (kernel epia1-pre9)

I just tried starting mythfrontend again to fiddle with the sound device that
it uses for output, but all I got this time was a black screen. heres the log
for the front end:

sherman tmp # mythfrontend
2003-12-16 02:53:50 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
connecting to backend server: 192.168.1.18:6543

I've started mythfrontend again to see if it'll eventualy connect, but
mythfrontend is not reponding to the keyboard....

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
http://strangesoft.net