[mythtv-users] Red Hat Linux 7.3 and 8.0 (was: MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms docs)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Dec 16 04:45:24 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:26:06PM -0700, Mr. Myth wrote:
> Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>
> >Quite a few announcements here (from both Axel and me):
> >
> >1. MythTV and all modules upgraded to version 0.13 on ATrpms, all
> >apt-get installable. However, only Fedora Core and Red Hat Linux 9
> >packages are upgraded to 0.13, because RH8.0 and 7.3 require
> >back-porting of qt 3.1 -- PATCHES WELCOME!!!
> >

> You might take a look at the kde for redhat page:
>
> http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
>
> They have done ports of qt 3.1.2 to RedHat 7.3, 8.0, and 9.

I know about various efforts to upgrade qt on older RHs, but if I go
with it I'd force all ATrpms users to upgrade, whether they are using
myth or not.

OTOH kde-redhat is even part of ATrpms standard setup, so you end up
with an upgraded qt in any case, and nobody complained about it yet.

Let's see if there is real demand for myth 0.13 on RH8.0/7.3, myth
users are usually surfing on the latest available distros.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de