[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does notoccur when using mpeg4

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Dec 16 03:03:57 EST 2003

> people indicated that they had this problem more often
> with noisy video signals.  A saturated CPU is not a
> likely reason.  A faulty video compression function
> that never returns could be.

I beg to differ (at least in my experience.)  It's NEVER done this to me
unless it was transcoding in the background, using 99% processor.  And
I've had many many many freezes.  And the fact that if I intentionally
stress the CPU / network I can cause it (i.e. transcode, live TV plus
dump huge files across the network or compile the Kernel.)

-Tony