[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does notoccur when using mpeg4

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Dec 16 02:57:42 EST 2003

> > I dont know if you are 0.13 or not, but I had the hangup
> issue quite
> > often on 0.12 - I think it had something do with the networking
> > between the frontend and backend. I havent had anything
> happen since I
> > moved to 0.13....

Yes, it happens in .13 - mostly will only happen when there is high
processor usage (such as transcoding going on) at the same time as live
TV.  My kids claim it locked up once while watching a recording, but
it's never done that to me.

> I'm on "fairly-current" CVS (last updated Saturday morning, I
> think). The problem seems totally unpredictable for me... it
> happens almost completely at random. Thus I can't try to
> compile with debugging to get stack traces, or run
> in a debugger, etc. :(   (although my gdb is apparently
> b0rked anyway...)

I bet if you started something transcoding, started watching live TV and
upload a 600 meg file across the network to the MythTV box at the same
time you would reproduce it... Happens every time for me.  Really, this
causes it every time.  I also think it _only_ happens if it's
transcoding which explains why it wouldn't happen if you use MPEG4.

-Tony