[mythtv-users] Mythtv working on xbox/Tv...How do I control the frontend I see on my tv?

Dave Hayden dave at opaque.net
Tue Dec 16 01:11:12 EST 2003

On Dec 12, 2003, at 9:52 PM, Bruce wrote:

> I got xbox to launch mythfronted form Dennis's release. Great.
> But now I cant seem to control it using the xbox controllers. How do I
> control the frontend?

The xbox controller is wired into the system as a mouse device, and
mythfrontend is built for keyboard control.  You'll need either a USB
keyboard or a remote control (the xbox DVD remote works great, they
say--my 3rd party remote didn't work without serious hackery on the
driver) to generate the keyboard events that mythfrontend expects.

-D