[mythtv-users] Distributed Myth

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 16 00:25:51 EST 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 14:40, David A. Mason wrote:

> If you try a manual connection:
> 	mysql -h sqlserveraddress -D mythconverg -u mythtv -p
> (and provide the password, 'mythtv' by default) you might get an
> informative
> error.
>
> Your mysql permissions might not be allowing the user mythtv@{address
> of
> mythbox}. Note that it might be identifying the address of the mythbox
> by IP
> or by DNS, depending on whether or not you've established reverse DNS
> on
> your network.

I can't speak for any other distro, but the default permissions for
mysql on Red Hat are to only allow connections from localhost and
hostname, so you have to add permissions for anything else.

Try this:

This example assumes your local area network is 10.0.1.0/255.255.255.0,
adjust accordingly for your network:
$ mysql -u root -p mythconverg
mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"10.0.1.%" identified by
"mythtv";