[mythtv-users] Remote Encoder Not Responding - Black Screen

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Dec 15 22:55:36 EST 2003

On Monday 15 December 2003 10:27 pm, Gary Huntress wrote:
>  Hi Again,
>
> I'm still trying to configure my first installation of MythTV and I still
> have a blank screen when I try to play live TV.
> Tonight I upgraded via  "yum upgrade mythtv-suite"  so I'm pretty current.
> My configuration is RH9, ASUS TV Tuner card (cx88 based) and patched
> 2.4.23
 kernel.  I can capture video with xawtv.
> When I select "Live TV" I get a black screen and the following messages
> logged:
>

> VIDOCGMBUF:: Invalid argument

is the issue.  That's basically saying that the driver doesn't do v4l1.  I've
got the native v4l2 analog capturing code disabled in mythtv as the API still
has... issues, and I never felt like working out some of the problems with
it.  You can delete the 'usingv4l2 = false' at line 794 of
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp to try it out, but YMMV.

Isaac