[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does not occur when using mpeg4

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Mon Dec 15 21:53:41 EST 2003

On 15 Dec 2003 18:18:51 -0600 spake Curtis of:

> I dont know if you are 0.13 or not, but I had the hangup issue quite
> often on 0.12 - I think it had something do with the networking between
> the frontend and backend. I havent had anything happen since I moved to
> 0.13....

I'm on "fairly-current" CVS (last updated Saturday morning, I think). The
problem seems totally unpredictable for me... it happens almost completely at
random. Thus I can't try to compile with debugging to get stack traces, or run
in a debugger, etc. :(   (although my gdb is apparently b0rked anyway...)

It seems like it happens less often lately, but it still seems to happen. This
evening, I had it happen twice in a row: it hung, I restarted the frontend,
and it hung again within 15 seconds. Then I restarted the frontend again, and
it ran perfectly for two hours. Then I got bored and turned it off. :)

aaron