[mythtv-users] Any way to permit screen saver only when in a menu?

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 21:40:15 EST 2003

I'm setting up a box in the kitchen with an LCD
display (might make one of those crafty EPIA toasters
or something).  Of course I don't want a screensaver
when watching any sort of video, but I'd like to blank
the LCD screen when in a menu in order to save on lamp
time.  Is there a way to do this?  Enable the system
screensaver through system calls?  Blank the screen
directly from myth?  It has to be a true blank, not a
black screen, so that the lamp turns off.