[mythtv-users] Multi frontend question

Rob Booth eoghain at liquidcode.net
Mon Dec 15 21:23:47 EST 2003

I've got a question based on this setup.

1 backend server with 2 or more tuner cards.
2 or more frontends.

Now lets say the frontend 1 is watching live tv on tuner 1, what is in
place to stop frontend 2 from changing the channel that tuner 1 is
currently tuned to?

What about frontend 1 watching  a recorded show, and frontend 2 wanting
to watch the same show but at a different place in the recording.  I'm
assuming that this isn't a problem since the file exists and could
easily be served to both frontends.

But given the above scenario, what if frontend 1 decides to delete the
show when they are finished watching it, but frontend 2 is still
watching the show?  Would the show be marked to be deleted?  Would the
user on frontend 1 be denied?

Rob