[mythtv-users] Open Source CLE266 Hardware Success

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Dec 15 21:17:29 EST 2003

Hi,

just wanted to mention that the open-source drivers from:
	http://www.ivor.it/cle266
	http://blade5.bvu.edu/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=EpiaKernelAbout
	http://blade5.bvu.edu/files/epia_kernel/

is working very well at my setup! The only problem I can see so far is
that there is some prebuffering pause on some of my DVB channels, which
I suspect is comming from the latest seektable by frame patches.

Have a look at this post for a quick idea on how:

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=48593

My working setup:

Xfree86 4.3.99.901 (4.4 RC1 Snapshot)
	with the patch for Xfree at ivor.it applied.

Linux Kernel 2.4.23
	with the patches applied as Bragon explains in the viaarena post
above.

libddmpeg v1.3
	from the ivor.it site above.

MythTV CVS compiled with standard CLE266 support.

I have made an .ebuild for XFree86 4.3.99.901, which eases the applying
of the Xfree patch.

Cheers,
Kenneth