[mythtv-users] .13 xinerama and horizontal

Lance Simmons lance at lsimmons.net
Mon Dec 15 18:08:56 EST 2003

* Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org> [031215 16:55]:

> >What do you mean by my "driver's" Xinerama support?  What kind of
> >driver are you talking about?
>
> Your XFree86 driver for your video card.  What video card do you have?

One pci ATI Rage 128 and one agp Matrox G400.  I didn't realize Xinerama
support took place so close to the hardware.

I'm running a plain Debian sid box.

> >Do you mean running on different virtual terminals?
>
> No, I mean everything the same but with the line enabling Xinerama
> commented out in your XF86Config-4 file.  You will get :0.0 and :0.1
> displays; run Myth on one of them and your normal X stuff on the
> other.

Right.  Now I remember doing that in the distant past.  I don't use
MythTV enough to warrant abandoning Xinerama, one of the greatest things
since sliced bread.

I get the impression that most people use MythTV for stand-alone boxes,
but I'm just looking to record a few programs on my desktop.

--
Lance Simmons