[mythtv-users] M179 crackles?

Steve Frank steve.frank at imibevcore.com
Mon Dec 15 17:16:17 EST 2003

Anyone having problems with the M179 "crackling"?  It's not my cables,
not the output.  I get a random crackling noise on the audio, and when
it heads to the receiver it is ambient enough that it appears to be
coming mostly out of the surround speakers.

I can play videos through Mplayer or Xine, no problem there. Any mpeg
files from the capture (including cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg) will
produce random crackles. It's not distortion from too high a level.
Ideas?

Thanks!

Steve