[mythtv-users] Ready To Plunge

Curtis Wood curtis at penguinbrat.com
Mon Dec 15 17:18:33 EST 2003

I dont have any experience with the 350 or the pcHDTV card, I did go out
out last night and get the 250 however (very worth while)... I am
running everything through my cable box, with mythfrontend controlling
it with an ACTISYS200l for transmitting - there a couple of things to do
to get everything working on this setup - 1) there is a very small
change to the code that you should do, to make changing the channels
smoother and cleaner: take out the ampersand on line 128 of
mythtv-0.13//libs/libmythtv/channelbase.cpp - aparently it also clears
up choppy video and skipping audio also, after first changing the
channel. 2) You'll need to run TWO lircd daemons, one stock for the
receiver, and one modified for the transmitter (or vice versa) - read
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/HOWTO:__Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV_P91268/
, its a big hack but it does work well...