[mythtv-users] snd-via82xx sound garbled

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Mon Dec 15 16:00:48 EST 2003

On December 15, 2003 01:25 pm, Darrick Hartman wrote:
> > On December 14, 2003 10:22 pm, Adam C. Brown wrote:
> > > I'm using the ALSA 1.0rc2 drivers along with
> >
> > MythTV, however I've run into
> >
> > > two sound problems:
> > >
> > > First, when I play a DVD, the sound (and video)
> >
> > tend to 'jump' and sound
> >
> > > 'garbled'.  I don't run into this problem when I
> >
> > use the kernel driver for
> >
> > > 2.4.23 (via82cxxx_audio), that is, the sound and
> >
> > video are perfectly
> >
> > > synced and don't make the popping/jumping noises.
>
> If you're using ALSA, direct your output to adsp
> instead of dsp.  That should help.  If you're using

Ohh, I totally forgot about that, if you do set the dxs_support option to one
of the surround or other type of multichannel sound, you HAVE to use adsp.
What I've gathered from the ALSA guys is there are two "functions" on the
chip, the mutichannel dxs stuff, and the plain 2 channel 44100 ac97 audio.
The dxs sound is always adsp... Which odly enough should probably have been
dsp1 or something if ALSA were really OSS compatible ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
http://strangesoft.net