[mythtv-users] PVR250 Remote control (the black one) question

Randy Beiter merlinmy at camelot.org
Mon Dec 15 15:03:21 EST 2003

I have the Hauppauge PVR-250 with remote set up and working, but with
a snag.  I have a Phillips/Magnavox TV which uses the same codes as
the PVR-250's remote.  Am I stuck with buying an IR dongle to use
a different remote?  I initially had the idea of simply using a different
remote and teaching lirc the new codes, but I've heard with integrated
IR recievers, one has to stick with the remote it comes with?

Thanks in advance!
Randy