[mythtv-users] Gentoo and ivtv - HELP!!!

Curtis Wood curtis at penguinbrat.com
Mon Dec 15 12:46:08 EST 2003

   Its not really that hard to set up - follow the instsructions in the
documentation for MythTV, under the FAQS on ivtv.sf.net there is a spot
for configuring the modules and which ones you need and in which
order... As a note though - there is a configuration to add to your
/etc/modules.conf in the faq that is very usefull - the bad part is that
GenToo rewrites that file from scratch on everyboot. You will need to
edit /sbin/modules-update and add the following lines to it; instead....

echo >> $CFGFILE
echo "alias char-major-81 videodev" >> $CFGFILE
echo "alias char-major-81-0 ivtv" >> $CFGFILE
echo "options ivtv ivtv_debug=1" >> $CFGFILE
echo "options tuner type=2" >> $CFGFILE
echo "options msp3400 once=1 simple=1" >> $CFGFILE
echo "add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner" >> $CFGFILE

Also - as a side note, I noticed that I had to run setup as "root" in
order to get permisions for the /dev/video* devices, otherwise I wouldnt
have any choices on inputs (composite,svideo,tuner,etc..)