[mythtv-users] Remote Control Units

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:35:09 EST 2003

To all who asked, here is the procedure I used for getting the
URC-6012 remote to work with Myth (using as many keys as
possible):

1. Set up the remote to use a VCR code of 0081.  Either
assign the code to the VCR device or remap another
device (eg: SAT) to be a VCR device and set it to 0081.

2. Use the key remapping feature to set the following key
remaps.  The key remap feature is accessed by holding
down the SETUP key until the LED blinks twice, then
enter the code 994, then tap the SETUP key (LED
should blink once), then enter one of the 3 digit codes
from the list below, then hit the key corresponding to
the 3 digit code entered.  The codes/keys are:

     211   ==   EXIT
     108   ==   INFO
     147   ==   F.REW
     050   ==   GUIDE
     178   ==   F.FWD
     113   ==   PIP
     145   ==   SWAP

3. Use the attached files to allow LIRC and Myth to
correctly interpret the signals from the remote.  The
file lircd.conf should go in your /etc directory and the
file lircrc should go in your ~/.mythtv directory, assuming
you are using native LIRC support in Myth.  If using
irxevent then rename the lircrc file to .lircrc and place in
your home directory.  The lircrc file also contains mappings
for MPlayer, which are optional.

Note: I haven't mapped ALL the keys on the remote.
The SLEEP and MOVE keys are available for remapping
using the method above.  You will, of course, have to
look up additional 3 digit codes in order to send a signal
that the Hauppauge IR receiver can decode.  More
codes can be found at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?VCR_0081

and full instructions for key programming can be found at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/advanced.shtml

Thanks to Nelson (red_five) who originally posted these
web addresses on 12/10/03 in a thread with the title
"radioshack 15-2116".

Now, if you'll excuse me, my fingers are cramping up
from all this typing.  Good luck all!!

-- Harry O.