[mythtv-users] MythGame fullscreen SNES

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 10:36:21 EST 2003

Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> Chip Marshall wrote:
[...]
>> Does anyone else have it working so that it fills the whole screen? If
>> so, how?
>>
>> Or am I stuck with a non-4:3 image in the center of the TV?
>
> I use '/usr/local/bin/snes9x -fs -y -joydev1 /dev/js0' as my command
> that I entered in the mythgame setup screen for SNES.

Can someone tell me how to make -fs work at all?  It complains about not
beeing able to access /dev/mem so I made snes9x suid root which stopped
it from being able to connect to the X server (which is run as non
root).  I also tried changing the permissions on /dev/mem to allow the
user who is running snes9x (mythtv) to write to it and this didn't work
either.  I'm sure this has probably come up before but I couldn't find
anything helpful and the snes9x documentation is pretty useless too.

JD