[mythtv-users] Myth-transcode with PVR-250

Hector Vayanos avayanos at qualcomm.com
Mon Dec 15 03:00:08 EST 2003

I am currently running version 0.12 of Mythtv (it is running fine and I
have not seen any reason to upgrade yet).

I am using hardware encoding to mpeg2 through the PVR-250 and I would like
to transcode these to MPEG4 for archiving purposes. When I configure to
encode the audio to MP3, the transcoding fails with the error (in
mythbackend.log): "strange error flushing buffer".

When I configure it to transcode to un-coded audio it runs normally. I
found some reports where people were recommending to switch to an earlier
version of lame:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=87677;search_string=mencoder%20seg%20fault;guest=1474458&t=search_engine#87677

However, there were other reports where this solution leads to beeps and
blips in the audio.

I was wondering whether anyone has been using myth-transcode successfully
to convert mpeg2 files (from PVR-x50) to mpeg4+mp3 audio on mythtv 0.12. If
not, if you have looked into the recommendation above...

Thanks,
Hector

Hector Vayanos
Senior Engineer,