[mythtv-users] Any advantanges with PVR250 vs AverM179?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 15 02:53:39 EST 2003

On Dec 14, 2003, at 18:09, Renchi Raju wrote:

>>> Secondly, is there an advantage with the PVR250 over
>>> the M179 or should I just go with the cheaper card?  I
>>> don't plan on using TV out from either card.  Does
>>> audio work directly on both/either card (or would I
>>> need a sound card to feed the audio in?)
>>
>> They both work without needing a sound card to feed in.  My
>> frontend/backend box has one of each in it and they're both working
>> fine.
>
> how is the quality of M179 as compared to PVR250/350. I would grab a
> M179
> if I hear good quality reports

Just got one of my M179s up and running alongside my PVR-250. I see
pretty much zero difference in picture quality between the two (and
this is on a 47" HDTV, so I could tell if there was). I'm using the
patched up driver Robert Kulagowski put together, along with the 21288
firmware from Hauppauge.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...