[mythtv-users] Transcoding overhead, could use some advice...

Curtis Wood curtis at penguinbrat.com
Sun Dec 14 17:22:52 EST 2003

   Thanks, the lockups are simply because the load gets way to high -
the last time I was recording like 3 movies over night I came in the
morning and the load was like at 8.50! I am in the market for a 250pvr,
and Im assuming from your comments - it would be well worth the
purchase?
    This thing is till transcoding the movie - I had the audio pushed
down to '3' - would that be what is causing this thing to still be
churning 10hrs later? Other than that - it is set to mpeg/8000 bit rate,
hq and the mvr or something...
   I think I will stop using the encoding feature...

Tahnks again,
Curtis