[mythtv-users] More TV Wonder VE woes

Art Morales art at monger.net
Sun Dec 14 15:30:38 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm getting there... here's my system:

Shuttle XPC with intel 865 mb.
ATI 9200 SE (128mb)
TV Wonder VE
Mythtv 0.13

I have xawtv showing me proper video using this configuration:
[global]
fullscreen = 640 x 480
ratio = 4:3
freqtab = us-cable
pixsize = 128 x 96
pixcols = 1
jpeg-quality = 75
keypad-ntsc = yes
keypad-partial = yes
osd = yes

[defaults]
group = main
norm = NTSC
input = Television
capture = grab
color = 44%
bright = 43%
hue = 40%
contrast = 40%

The overlay option does not work (it does not properly show video). I'm
considering switching to a nvidia TI4200 in the hopes that this will allow
the overlay to work properly... Here's my modules.conf:

probeall scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
above snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
alias chart-major-89 ic2-dev
options i2c-core i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
probeall usb-interface usb-uhci ehci-hcd
alias eth0 8139too
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv debug=2
#pre-install modprobe -k msp3400; modprobe -k tuner
#The above line kills my xawtv video if I enable it
options bttv card=64 tuner=2 radio=0
options tuner debug=2

As I said, I still don't have sound.  I have the out going into the line in
on the XPC and I've un-muted the line-in (I've also tried the microphone
in).  I don't have any audio at all coming out of the tv wonder as far as I
can tell.

That problem aside, when I start mythtv, it appears to be trying to use the
overlay capture instead of grabdisplay.  Is there a place to change this?
The channels don't look right and the video pauses every few seconds.  I get
audio read errors on the console. I haven't been able to trace these errors
to the source yet.  I know my audio is working since I hear sounds when
playing .wav files and so on...

I'd appreciate any help :)

Thanks!

Art