[mythtv-users] Nuvexport - Suggested Settings

Chris chris.rickert at mchsi.com
Sun Dec 14 09:10:19 EST 2003

To those who use nuvexport, I've got a question.

I've been using it to archive into divx format for the past few months
with good success.  I recently purchased two toys to make
Mythtv an even more enjoyable addition to the home theater.

I bought a Prismiq steaming media center and a new tv.  The prismiq is a
small embedded debian box that connects to my mythtv linux box through
my network.  The people at prismiq have developed media server softwware
for linux so it works great for me.  It sits by my tv and basically
streams audio, video and pics from my mythbox where i have archived tv
shows and other divx movies.

Now that I have a new tv, the quality of file that is produced by
nuvexport is a little shabby.  I'm thinking i will have to rethink how i
record the original show and how i encode them to avi.

Currently, I have been recording at
480 x 480 with rtjpeg @ a quality setting of 180

I then use nuv export to encode to avi with settings of
128 for audio
1000 for video
and 356 x 240 for video.

I am not a video expert/junkie by any means but my tv is screaming at me
to give it a better quality feed.  It has been tolerable on a computer
screen to replay but not a 42" sony.

My question to you guys is what could I do different.

I am using a hauppauge wintv go card with an amd 2200.  512 ddr mem.
120gb 7200 rpm drive.