[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide- ivtv, QMYSQL3 driver not loaded, mythtvuser cannot run setup

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sun Dec 14 12:09:26 EST 2003

> Problem #2: Mythbackend no longer starts--same error.
> This was working and I don't know what I did to make it stop, but it
> has to
> be related to the mythtv user problem since it is the same error
> message.

>>Hm... Did some permissions somewhere get changed (to root-only rwx, or
>>something)?... I'm at a loss on this one. Is your mysql daemon running?
>>(/sbin/service mysqld status)

Thanks for the response.  I didn't consider this before, but one of the
things that has been done to this system is the application of the
bastille-linux script.  I chose to set the default umask to 077, among other
things.  I ran the revert script, rebooted and still have the problem.  Is
there some kind of fixperms script or something for a myth install?  I did
an apt-get remove mythtv-suite and apt-get install mythtv-suite.  I'm not
sure if this would have the same effect.  Oh, and yes, MySQLd is running.