[mythtv-users] New Installation Playing Live Vid - Black Screen

Gary Huntress ghuntress at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 15:35:01 EST 2003

Hi, I'm a new user of MythTV.  I'm having what I hope is a pretty simple
problem, when trying to watch live tv I get a fullscreen black screen.  The
error I get on my console is "unknown video codec  VIDOCGMBUF".

My configuration is:

RH9
2.4.23 kernel patched with v4l2 and current cx88 driver
Current (2 day old) version of mythtv-suite
ASUS TV Tuner capture card

xawtv runs fine

I've looked over chapter 20 of the docs and googled a bit but I'm not sure
where to start troubleshooting this.
I'm not sure if this is just a configuration problem or a driver problem.

Newbie tips appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary H.