[mythtv-users] new OSD plugin code

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Fri Dec 12 16:33:31 EST 2003

>What other _useful_ ideas have people come up with?

Brainstorming here (some have already been noted)...

1. Inclimate weather alerts
2. Killer tech toy back in stock (check a web page for certain keywords)
3. Web site is down
4. Breaking news
5. Caller ID with name
6. New voice mail
7. Integrate with x10 motion sensor to detect someone coming up the
walkway/driveway
8. Appointment reminder
9. New fax
10. Snail mail is here (via wireless sensor)
11. New post to newsgroup matching certain keyword
12. Snort detected attack/file integrity change.
13. Lights left on longer than x minutes in certain room (x10 macro- keep
those kids in shape)
14. Dryer is finished (don't know how to determine this..)
15. Transcode/finished (I guess this would presume you can watch TV and
transcode in the background- I don't know since I haven't used it..)