[mythtv-users] Voodoo3 with overscan?

Ian Bishop IBISHOP at BCLC.com
Fri Dec 12 16:06:20 EST 2003

I can do it in Windows, if that encourages you!  ;-)

Ian
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Maro [mailto:tony at maro.net]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 11:01 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Voodoo3 with overscan?

I've heard you can overscan the Voodoo3 cards (I have a 3500 TV) in
NTSC.  I've tried using the modeline for 720x480 but get no TV out when
I do.

I've also tried using nvtv to set it, but as soon as I run nvtv my TV
out goes away and I can't change any settings that ever bring it back.
I have to remove and reload the i2c-voodoo3 module before I get TV out
back, and then the colors are screwed up until I reboot.

I've googled, etc. but can't find any info on how to make this thing
overscan.  Anyone have any ideas?  Is there a step-by-step I can try?

Thanks,
Tony