[mythtv-users] Can't compile latest mythdvd or mythmusic from cvs

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Fri Dec 12 15:28:30 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 21:14, James Pifer wrote:
> Everything compiles and installs for me except mythdvd and mythmusic.
> Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? The docs talk about how to get the
> prerequisites on Mandrake, what prereqs do I need on Redhat 9 for
> mythdvd and mythmusic so they compile completely?
>
> I removed the myth-suite completely so I could go to CVS with no chance
> of conflicts.
>
> My compile errors are here:
> http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/compile_errors

You're missing libraries, don't know what can be done on redhat.

Does redhat apt have the 'apt-get build-dep' functionality?

If it has:

apt-get build-dep mythdvd

will tell you what packages you need (provided you have a feed for
src-packages in your sources.list)

I'd guess:

Mythdvd need libdvdread and libdvdread-devel

Mythmusic needs

libcdaudio(-devel)
libcdparanoia(-devel)
libflac(-devel)
libidtag(-devel)
libmad(-devel)
libogg(-devel)

and some libvorbis(-devel), libvorbisenc(-devel)

HTH

Torsten
--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out: