[mythtv-users] Voodoo3 with overscan?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Dec 12 14:00:39 EST 2003

I've heard you can overscan the Voodoo3 cards (I have a 3500 TV) in
NTSC.  I've tried using the modeline for 720x480 but get no TV out when
I do.

I've also tried using nvtv to set it, but as soon as I run nvtv my TV
out goes away and I can't change any settings that ever bring it back.
I have to remove and reload the i2c-voodoo3 module before I get TV out
back, and then the colors are screwed up until I reboot.

I've googled, etc. but can't find any info on how to make this thing
overscan.  Anyone have any ideas?  Is there a step-by-step I can try?

Thanks,
Tony