[mythtv-users] x-box as a frontend?

Spencer Jason E CONT DLVA SpencerJE at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Fri Dec 12 13:27:27 EST 2003

> Is the xbox-myth version going to go to mythtv .12 or .13
> anytime soon?
>   Also, am I forced to do the hardware changes to my xbox if I just
> purchased it?  Meaning are there any other software hacks to avoid
> installing the mod chip that work on a newer xbox?  It is still being
> shipped, so I don't know about the date of manufacture, but I
> assume it
> will be within the last couple of months.
>
> Nathan Goff

  Not sure on any new hacks, I just learned enough to get myth running.
 As far as the manufacture date, I guess it depends on where you ordered
 and how much of a back stock they had if any.

  It is pretty easy to keep it up to date with latest cvs or version
you want.  I keep mine up to date with cvs.  When I checkout cvs for my
backend I just copy the directory to my nfs mount for the xbox.
Then ssh in and just follow the normal compile procedures.   If you are
using
the uncompressed version any changes in /usr/local will be saved.  The
one problem is there isn't much room left on the device.  So I created
a bash script to delete the (unused) binaries from /usr/local/bin in the
background
while I do a make install.  This seems to work well and my xbox stays up to
date.