[mythtv-users] Strange problems with nuvexport

Chip McArtor mcm262 at psu.edu
Fri Dec 12 12:48:20 EST 2003

I was also having the same problem as Michael with all versions of nuvexport, and the upgrade to ffmpeg 0.4.8 from 0.4.7 seemed to do the trick (at least for svcd).  I'm still getting another strange error, however, when I try to simply extract the nuv file:
  1. Export to SVCD
  2. Extract .nuv and .sql
  3. Export DivX
  4. Export WMV
  5. Export to VCD

  r. Return to episode menu
  q. Quit

Choose a function:  2

You have chosen to extract the .nuv.
This will extract it from the MythTV database into .nuv and .sql
files to import into another MythTV installation.
Do you want to removed it from this server when finished? [Yes] No
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Can't call method "prepare" on an undefined value at /usr/local/share/nuvexport/export_NUV_SQL.pm line 76, <STDIN> line 5.
bash-2.05b$
All that I'm left with is the sql file in the current directory.  The file simply contains the statement "USE mythconverg;".

The same source video is accessible for reencoding, so I don't know what the matter is here.

I'm running the following on my system:
gentoo
mythtv 0.13
DBI 1.37
mysql 4.0.14

Has anybody else experienced this problem and found a workaround?  Thanks in advance for your help.

-Chip