[mythtv-users] URC-6012 All For One universal remote with MythTV

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Dec 12 11:28:53 EST 2003

Through considerable trial and error I finally found two codes that work
extremely well with my homebrew receiver and my brand new URC-6012 six
in one universal remote (about $14 at Wal-Mart).

Between the two codes, one for a TV and one for a VCR, I get
functionality to every button on the remote, with excellent range and
without resorting to raw mode.

There's enough buttons on this remote to give full functionality - I've
even configured the marking / transcode buttons for manually cutting out
commercials.  I also like that this cheap remote even works with my
receiver/amp.

I've submitted them to LIRC, but if anyone wants these codes in the
meantime, just send me a mail.

-Tony